I just received an email from the LEED Green Building Certificate Institute (GBCI). I think you’ll be impressed with what they have to share. Here are the highlights:
- This new GBCI process streamlines the CE credit reporting process
- Get FREE training that you can apply to CE credits — The GBCI is offering free, intensive, six-hour webinar series that will earn you six LEED-specific hours and give other LEED APs a final opportunity to upgrade to a specialty credential.
Read on for the full details of these new GBCI and LEED CE credit reporting features….
LEED CMP is Improving
We’ve listened to your feedback, and what we heard was that continuing professional development requirements added significant value to the LEED credentials, but that CMP needed to be streamlined and simplified.
So we’ve streamlined the process from start to finish, eliminating 50% of front- and back-end rules around the LEED Credentials and CMP. We’ve worked hard to achieve a simple, intuitive experience—without diluting the rigor of your credential.
Starting November 12, these changes will go into effect:
- Easier reporting. There will be no topic categories to report and fewer limits on your CE hours.
- Simplified activity types. Now, there will be only four activity types to keep track of: education, LEED project participation, volunteering, and authorship.
- Better forms. Simpler reporting forms mean you only have to fill in the basics.
In addition, we’ll soon be launching automatic reporting for courses delivered by education providers. We’re also hard at work improving the course catalog, which will include the ability to rate and review courses.
Finally, we’re introducing Principles of LEED, a free, intensive, six-hour webinar series that will earn you six LEED-specific hours and give other LEED APs a final opportunity to upgrade to a specialty credential. Register for Principles of LEED
The lessons we’ve learned that helped us make these improvements come directly from the feedback of LEED Professionals like you. Thank you for being an important part of this ongoing improvement process. We look forward to continuing to grow and evolve with you!
(From the GBCI team)